Flashlight turning on bright and then dimming? This means the battery is low and isn’t being recharged properly. (Step 2 below is the most important step)
First, download the latest XR2 User Guide
1. Check to see if there is a battery safety sticker on the back of the battery. Please remove it before operating.
2. Recharge: Set the control ring to Position 2 (Stand-by). Position 1 would be when the control ring is turned all the way counter-clockwise while the flashlight head is facing away from you, so one click clockwise is Position 2. Insert the USB Type-C cable end into the flashlight and the standard USB end into a power source of your choice (e.g. computer USB port, laptop, AC adapter plug, etc.) Now click-on the tailcap switch to complete the circuit.
3. The LED indicator should start to blink blue which means the flashlight is recharging properly.
4. When the LED indicator becomes solid blue or green, recharging is complete. Unclick the tailcap switch and remove the Type-C cable.
5. Test the flashlight. If it still does not work move on to step #7
7. After the battery is fully charged. Remove the entire head assembly (which includes the selector ring and the USB cover) from the body tube completely. This "resets" the flashlight.
8. Remove the USB cover completely.
9. Reinstall the flashlight head without the USB cover. In some instances if the USB cover is on too tightly before the flashlight body is tightened, there will be a loose connection. If the flashlight works without the USB cover, you can now reinstall the USB cover and just make sure the head is on tightly before fully tightening the USB cover.
Contact us at email@example.com if problems still persist.